By: Nancy Hazard
It’s football season! We are about 3 weeks into the season, the kids are working hard, loving the game, and improving each week! As a mom I’m tired, lol, and of course proud to be a football mom!
Any parent, athlete, or Coach involved in any type of sports organization knows that just showing up every day, practicing as you play, and the memories you take away are an important part of child development. NFL Flag states some of the benefits can include:
- Health benefits: Football is fast-moving. Players run, jump, change direction, and stop and start, which improves their cardiovascular health. These activities also engage motor skills, like hand and eye coordination.
- Teamwork: Football can teach kids accountability, leadership, and positive sportsmanship.
- Discipline: Learning routes, repetitive drills, and executing proper techniques takes discipline.
- Mental toughness: Football provides many opportunities to remain calm under pressure and focus during chaotic situations.
- Socialization: Football teaches kids how to effectively communicate and work well with others.
As a parent, we consider all factors when it comes to our kids playing football. Like: Is football safe to play? What is the best age to start playing? etc.…
Check out this article from NFL Flag and see if you and your family are ready to join a Texas youth football league!
Click to read more from i35 Group Keller Williams.